Monday, January 18, 2010

about tomorrow...

So I thought I should do a quick update before our big ultrasound tomorrow...First I just wanted to post a picture of our sad Christmas tree that is no more...It stinks to think that when I come home (whenever that will be) my Christmas tree will be gone, my holiday lights will have been taken down, etc. Keep in mind this is not complaining--if I could jump for joy over the fact that I didnt have to take them down I would (thanks Pat & Pam :-) ) But it is sad to think that I came in during the holiday season and when I leave we will be moving on to the next holiday...So here's to you little Christmas tree and all the delight you brought me... Moving on to things that you all actually care to read about: I havent updated in a few days because not too much has really been happening. Donnie came by on Saturday evening (he had to work on Saturday-boo! but I understand since he is taking all day Tues. off) and within 2 hours of him being here he started to feel really yucky and realized he was coming down with the stomach flu. Donnie never gets sick so for him to say "babe, I dont feel good I need to go home" I know he's serious. Unfortunately, Saturday night was the evening we FINALLY had worked out a time for us BOTH to go on a NICU tour...but then obviously Donnie couldnt go because stomach virus and preemies dont mix. So Donnie went home much to my sadness but Kate just got off work and graciously offered to go with me...ya know..in case I had an emotional meltdown :-) which I very much appreciated and much to my surprise I didnt have any meltdowns..got teary-eyed a few times but nothing ridiculous, and I got to see first hand some tiny babies...but God must really be preparing my heart because even the 3lb baby we saw didnt really seem that little to me...I was thankful for this and I was thankful that I felt calm and prepared for when our little buddy is eventually going to be in the NICU

So that was my exciting Saturday evening, well I woke up on Sunday and got sick too! Boo to puking! But honestly it wasnt too horrible because at this point I am so used to feeling gross and pukey that it wasnt that different than a normal day haha but I didnt have any visitors because I didnt want to infect anyone (this bug must be seriously contagious since I barely was around Donnie and I caught it--or I just have bad luck haha...I'm thinking it might be the latter) so I just bummed around on Sunday and watched a ton of episodes of Lost and stayed drugged so that the vomitting and nausea stayed at bay. Today, thankfully, I am feeling better and keeping food down so that is a blessing.

Okay so the main reason I am updating this blog today: Donnie and I have talked about tomorrow and Ive obviously gone over in my head 875928753 times what it is going to be like. I obviously have some anxieties going in but one thing that you all can do to help is check my blog...thats right...just check my blog...meaning I plan on turning off my phone tomorrow and having Donnie do the same (for at least a good portion of the day) I think right now for my mental sanity the best option to update you all on what the dr's say is via this blog. I love talking to you all and giving updates but I know that tomorrow I am going to be emotional regardless of the outcome and it would be a great help to me to know that I wont have to spend my afternoon calling all of my great friends and family--just having a whole day with my husband (which I havent had in 2 weeks) just us, sorting through how we feel and what this ultrasound will mean for us in regards to how life will be for the next few months...obviously the best case scenario is that bed rest has helped little buddy grow and I will continue on with the bedrest for the next however many weeks (at most 9 weeks) to help him grow...but keep in mind that for me that would mean 9 more weeks of this...which while I would be incredibly grateful to have 9 more weeks of this, It is going to take some time for me to process that I wont be leaving a bed for the next 9 weeks. So for this reason alone, I am asking for some time tomorrow, for just me and Donnie to process....

I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes and visitors and food and everything from you all---We have felt incredibly loved and cared about and it touches my heart how much you all already love my little buddy :-) I mean, I know that he is the greatest thing since sliced bread but to know that you all think so too, and love him so much already--well it really does touch my heart...So thanks in advance for respecting our wishes about tomorrow and I am pretty sure that I will find out what time my ultrasound is by 830 am...so I will do my best to update at least quickly with what time the ultrasound is so you all can know what time to check for updates (I obviously wont be updating with the ultrasound time if they decide to take me 1st thing at 830) I also dont know how long it will be until we get to talk to Dr.Brady after the ultrasound is done so WE might not even know the true results for a while after the ultrasound (which Lord help me have patience cuz I already can forsee myself getting irritated ha) So, I figured for those of you that havent gotten to come see me I would post a few pics to give you a mental image of my life for the past 2 weeks :-) enjoy!


My tiny little baby bump--grow little buddy! grow!





Me for the past 2 weeks (just picture varying patterns of sweats & shirts)





I Thought this picture was super cute...not...but Im not supposed to sit upright too often hence the lovely angle




Shh! Dont tell, I snuck out of bed to take my weekly belly picture, this is 30 weeks 5 days

7 comments:

  1. I love you, i will anxiously be awaiting and praying for your good news to be announced! Call me day or night if you need me to be there for anything. Beg to be sent home on bed rest, tell them I will come check on you every day. Ill raise hell if I need to :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to everything Kate said.

    Totally on my knees for you and Don. Love to you both!!

    (ps: this morning I prayed for a full pound of growth. that should cover it. God be glorified!)

    -Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! Glad you are in a private room I am sure that makes all the difference in the world! I look forward to hearing about your ultrasound when you get a chance to update. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you and we'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic pictures! I laughed out loud! I can just see you timing the picture just perfectly so as not to have a nurse catch you out of bed! Our Great God is holding the three of you sooo closely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well each of the Glenn ladies covered all of my thoughts. So all that is left to say is that I LOVE YOU, DONNIE, and LB. I will be praying extra hard for you tonight, on top of the extra praying that all 6 of us did at dinner tonight. Get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you 3, too!

    Like Kara, I also prayed for a full pound.
    Pack it on LB!

    ReplyDelete