Friday, August 21, 2009

Two for one...

So, I just realized that I never actually posted that last post b/c shortly after I was finished writing it Pam showed up and we went to the ER...again...I wont explain the whole story but I will say that it was not a good day and I was ready to pull my hair out....the health care system=horrible (I wont go into details b/c that would be an entire post). So I am back at home, needless to say, hooked up to an IV until probably Sunday (so please dont stare at the pathetic woman on Sunday wheeling her IV pole down the hallway at Grace haha)

My dosage of zofran has been increased twice and they added phenergan into my regular arsenal so now I take that on top of the zofran in the evening. Oh, I also got to experience the joy of catheterization...not once...but twice only to find out that I, in fact, have no UTI AND to make it even better the antibiotic I had been taking for the past week (you know...the one that made me vomit profusely) was actually being taken for no reason since I DIDNT ACTUALLY HAVE A UTI!!! shgkjhsdglkjhsdal.....not that im frustrated or anything haha

On to better things, while in the ER they did an ultrasound albeit it was a very brief, not very well done ultrasound but I sound the little heartbeat flicker for about 2 seconds so that was nice :-) its good to know that lil babe is okay through all this...oh and I love when doctors describe my baby as a parasite in relation to hyperemesis ("oh youre baby is fine, its like a little parasite right now, sucking all your nutrition and hydration...so its fine...you will just feel a lil crummy") little crummy...right

Let's see, nothing else is new...we got a new desktop computer (thanks NKOL!!) so hopefully now I dont have to deal w/ my laptop crapping out every other week....what else, oh, this Sunday is our 1st wedding anniversary...yay! oh wait, we wont be doing anything since I cant eat and I am hooked up to an IV. There is always next year or I can just make Donnie celebrate one of those made-up holidays like Sweetest Day in Oct. as a do-over for our missed anniversary haha Oh, and I am 9 weeks! So here is the little survey:

How far along: 9 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain: I am down 15lbs as of my weight this morning...

Maternity clothes: actually I have had to buy a few things. This was mainly b/c I didnt have anything dressy to wear for the baptism and I cant wear my comfy dresses anymore b/c of my pump. Also, with where my pump is located non-maternity pants just rub against it so I live in yoga pants at home pulled up halfway up my stomach :-) pretty sexy, right!?

Sleep: sleep is an interesting feat with an IV and a pump...donnie and I have had to sleep in separate beds and I have to sleep w/ pillows all around me so I dont move but praise the Lord for phenergan and its drowsiness side effect

Best moment this week: Seeing the heartbeat flicker, cant wait for a real ultrasound or being able to use the doppler my awesome sissy lent to me

Food cravings: Anything other than nasty bland boring food...I'm so sick of toast!! (same as last week)

Labor signs: none

Belly Button: innie

What I miss the most: feeling like a normal human being...I sometimes forget I am pregnant and just feel like I am just a sad, sickly, pathetic person who will never get better haha

What am I looking forward to the most: the end of morning sickness!!! and if everyone could pray I am really hoping to be able to eat normal food by my birthday on the 2nd!

Milestones: Lil babe is growing like crazy during week 9 and is about the size of a green olive. By 9 weeks most of the aspects of our baby's physical structure such as head, arms, legs and torso are in place. Little one is actually starting to resemble a miniature human being (one with a very large head!). Because the baby's organs and limbs are forming, in the next few weeks Lil Babe will be putting on weight. The baby's tail should have disappeared by now, and (how awesome is this!) our baby's organs and muscles should be functioning on their own. It's hard to believe that something so small can function so completely isn't it! God is SO GREAT!











No comments:

Post a Comment