Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Is there like a microwave pregnancy...instead of the crock-pot kind?

Yes, I am using the age-old analogy of a "bun in the oven" but I do feel as though my baby is slow-roasting, taking its time growing...a crock-pot sort of method if you will. Yes, I should "enjoy" being pregnant but clearly those who believe this have not experienced the joy of hyperemesis gravidarum. :-)

But in all seriousness, I figured that I should join the blogging world as a fun way to keep everyone updated on the pregnancy and just the overall excitement that exists at the Glenn house. Currently, the excitement level is at 0. haha. We are so excited about the baby but our lifestyle has seriously changed in the past 8 weeks. As most of you know, Donnie and I are pretty social people and now we...arent. This is largely related to the HG (hyperemesis gravidarum) and my inability to go more than an hour without puking. It is an adjustment but I suppose it is Gods way of preparing us for the change that will be here in March. Not that I think all parents just sit at home and do nothing, I like to think I am realistic...(while some may say for me reality=pessimism, I disagree). I do know that we will probably never have the same lifestyle that we did, which honestly is probably a good thing.

But as for the pregnancy updates: today I went to the ER again for more fluids (and I got the joy of discovering I have a UTI to make my day just a little better...please note the sarcasm). I had two bags (which I think is 2 liters of fluid). I also had some IV zofran. I felt better a little and I havent really thrown up since leaving, just alot of dry heaving. I talked with the CNM (certified nurse midwife) and I am in the process of having home health care set up so that I can get IV fluids from home (which will be great to not have to go to the ER which is expensive and time consuming!) and I will probably be getting a zofran pump which will help me have a pretty constant flow of medication. I am actually hopeful that this will help. I figure it cant get too much worse so that must mean that things MUST get better. I am starting to come to terms more with the idea that I am going to have a few more weeks of sickness, it can get overwhelming to think about. But that is the dish on what is going on now. I will update tomorrow after I get more home health stuff figured out but for right now I am feeling okay :-)

I found this lil questionnaire that I thought would be fun to fill out once a week so here is the 1st one:


How far along: 8 weeks today


Total weight gain: I'm down 7-8lbs as of last tues. I dont like to weigh myself...shocking, right?


Maternity clothes: not yet, I am bloated but all my clothes are still fitting just not looking as cute


Sleep: I cant get comfortable which is frustrating so I toss and turn all night, it already is uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach (but I think its more from having a 24/7 stomach ache from puking so much) I am praying I can fall asleep tonight ( I didnt fall asleep until 4 am last night!)


Best moment this week: The 20 mins I had of enjoying the amazing peach milkshake Donnie brought me from Sonic...sadly it only stayed down 20 mins. but it was a GREAT 20 mins :-)

Food cravings: Anything other than nasty bland boring food...I'm so sick of toast!!


Labor signs: Obviously none, this question will be boring for the next 7 months (God willing)

Belly Button: Cute as always haha but this also will be a boring question for a while (God willing haha)


What I miss the most: being able to just eat and enjoy food and feel normal. that and an ice cold bud light lime on my back patio :-/


What am I looking forward to the most: the end of morning sickness!!! and getting to hear the heartbeat


Milestones: I am 8 weeks now so my baby is a little raspberry! Lil babe's eyelids, ears, upper lip and the tip of the baby's nose is forming. Lil babe is also sprouting webbed fingers and toes this week AND the lil babe's heart has separated into 4 chambers and is beating at approx. 150 beats per minute. Cant wait to hear that little heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment