Monday, August 17, 2009

Defeat

So I figured I should probably get another post in before my IV gets put back in since it makes typing more difficult and a little painful. So here are my updates, (and I will warn you, I did not have a good night and already a not good day so this post may be a little more hostile/depressing than usual haha) anywho, I went to Wisconsin for the weekend to visit my sister and brother in law and for my nephews baptism :-) All in all, I am glad I went for the simple fact that mentally and emotionally it helped me a little bit (at least for the time being).



Donnie and I made the trek up there Friday evening...it took us over 9 hours...it is supposed to be a 7.5 hour drive... Needless to say I had some HG (hyperemesis gravidarum) issues. I had a lot of nausea on the way up and we had to stop because I was having IV issues and then I had pump issues and after all was said and done we finally made it up to Madison around 3am (4am our time). On Saturday I woke up around 6:30am (WI time) because I had to change my IV bag. Of course, this cannot be an easy task. For some reason the tubing and clasps I had refuse to work which means I cannot un-do myself from the IV to say change my clothes and I cant flush my IV tube which needs to happen when I change my bag. So I wake up Donnie (poor, poor Donnie but he did get to go back to bed) and he cant get it undone, up until this point he has been the only person to be able to unscrew it which is very problematic seeing as he is gone most of the day and I am stuck at home by my lonesome. So since Donnie cant get it, I have Jeff try and Jeff cant get it either which results in us having to use PLIERS...yes thats right...ridiculousness at 6 in the morning.



So I get it all changed and Saturday was a fun day. I actually left the house because my nephews were participating in a duathon which was completely precious. William (who is 2.5 y/o) ran the 50 yard run and did fantastic haha pretty stinkin cute to see 20-25 2.5 yo little boys running like their lives depended on it. Then Andrew (4.5 yo) did the 50 yard run, 200 yard bike and 50 yard run which for a little kid is pretty good PLUS Andrew was kicking butt riding his two-wheeler while alot of the kids were still on training wheels or even tricyles. Even though it was a little awkward b/c I had my IV and pole with me at the park I was glad I went and it got me up and out of the house which hasnt happened much. But later in the evening I noticed my hand swelling up, I call Alere (home health care people) and let them know. Since I was feeling better by this point and my ketone levels(if they are present it means you are dehydrated) were down and I had gained back 2lbs!!! they decided I could just take the IV out!! SWEET LITTLE JOYS OF MY LIFE!! I was so so so so so excited to be able to get rid of that stupid IV...it was REALLY cramping my style and so irritating. So I did okay and my hand eventually went back down last night (they think the IV either came out of the vein or poked through the vein and was putting fluid in my hand instead of the vein hence the marshmellow man hand). Sadly, come late Sat. evening I start to feel a little weak, my allergies got bad and by the time I went to bed I was feeling a hot mess.



I wake up Sunday and I was pretty sure death was upon me. No kidding, I barely had enough energy to make it upstairs to get ready for the Baptism. I get ready, take my Ketone levels (they went back up to a mid-level) and I attempt to eat an apple which comes right back up (of course). So we get to the Baptism and I make it through the whole ceremony without falling over from exhaustion (I was Matthew's Godmother which meant a little more standing) Everything was really nice w/ the ceremony and Devon had planned a little party afterward for family and close friends. It was nice and I actually ate a little food (which was real sad because everything Devon made looked so yummy but I knew I couldnt handle much) by 11:30am or so I was feeling like death so Donnie and I left early. We made it home around 9 or so (ky time) and then it got bad...real bad... sick like I havent experienced sick. So after being up all night vomiting and such I finally slept for a few hours but woke up feeling equally horrible. And here I am now waiting to figure out what to do and praying that the IV can actually be hooked BACK up! Who would have thought that I would have missed the lil bugger...

No comments:

Post a Comment