Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'Ve really gotta get out of this house haha

So the home health care nurse came today and I got set up w/ my IV and zofran pump. Much to my surprise the 3 bags a day I need to do for the next 3 days are 8 HOUR BAGS!! Which, for those not so good at math, means I will be hooked up to an IV for 24 hours a day until Monday. It was a little overwhelming to hear that news but...not much I can do about it.

The zofran pump stuff went well, minus the whole having to stab myself to get the pump started. For someone who has had piercings (including piercing my own ears and bellybutton) and tattoos I figured this would be cake...no problem...its about the size of a push pin and I just need to jab it into my stomach...ok...so I just need to do it...and I am sitting there holding my flabby belly in my hand and I just couldnt do it...then the anxiety set in..I got a little teary eyed but I was a big girl and sucked it up and pushed it in. Of course after I did it I realized it doesnt really hurt at all but its more the thought that is a little scary. Luckily I wont have to do it again...for another 2 days.

That is all that went on today...I am trying to not type too much being as the IV is hooked in to my left hand and the glendale girls are coming to keep me company for a while :-) Then I get to go to Wisconsin tomorrow! Yes, I am the crazy who is going to bring her IV bags and pole with her to Wisconsin for the weekend...but I cant wait!! Cant wait to get outta this house!! WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment