Monday, August 31, 2009

Better late than never...

So I have been very lax in my blogging this past week but I've been busy...hahaha...yea right but I did have a "busy" weekend. On Friday, I went over to Krissy's w/ the other Glenn girls which is always fun. Kara and I discussed our wonderful catheter experiences and laughed as we were drugging ourselves on the couch :-) It was nice to get out and I got to shower because Kate brought me some saran wrap...now I went to an all girls school and was used to being kinda dirty but after a few days I was really feeling not so good and a shower was JUST what I needed. Devon (my older sister) swears that this experience is just God's way of preparing me for parenting...the whole getting up 4-5 times a night (granted its to pee but its still really annoying), not showering a whole lot, having to drag a bunch of crap w/ me everywhere I go, having not much of a social life, etc. After 5 weeks of this, I'm feeling pretty darn prepared (all current mothers reading this feel free to laugh at that statement--I am saying now you can remind me of this ridiculous thought when I call you in tears 7 months from now w/ a screaming newborn) Friday evening Donnie and I ventured over to Dave and Meg's house to hang out where Meg and I realized that alot of our thoughts revolve around food...hmmm

On Sat. my bestie Dani came down from Indy w/ her husband Dan (I know..Dan and Dani=too presh) to visit. Dan and Donnie went down to Paris, KY to go to Bud's Guns and Pappy's Guns (why cant any gun store have a normal not hillbilly name???) Dani and I just chilled and talked and later watched Twilight together for about the 15th time (this time we were true fans and watched it w/ commentary haha I love my 7th grade crush on Edward...I mean...Rob Pattinson)

Sun. I went to church, IV pole and all! I was really anxious about it which is ridiculous and really a pride issue (in thinking that people would stare) and shockingly it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. Overall, this was a VERY busy weekend for me (which is kinda sad considering my past lifestyle...or maybe this is a good thing?)

In more exciting news, Devon is probably coming to visit next Tues.!!!! I am so so so excited!! and she is bringing Matthew with her so I can get plenty of baby snuggle time which I rarely get w/ my nephews. It really is giving me something to look forward too AND to make that week even MORE exciting I am getting an ultrasound at New Hope Center on the 9th!!! Woo hoo!! I am sure that seeing my baby will really help me gain some true perspective on this whole situation...I think overall Ive been handling this pretty well but I know that I will definitely feel a shift once I get to see w/ my own two eyes the life that is growing inside of me! Man, God is so good!! Just thinking about all the amazing work He is doing in me right now just is overwhelming...so overwhelming
Onto medical news (which I'm pretty sure only family is interested in) I am still on the IV fluids 24/7 and my zofran pump. I got a PICC Line this week. The procedure was done this past Tues. and really wasnt as bad as I was worrying about. It was done at the hospital and they numbed my arm a little and pain wise it wasnt so bad, I could feel the wire as it was being threaded through my shoulder and to my heart but it didnt hurt, just felt funny. The PICC line is much easier to handle, less "maintenance" and doesnt get messed up as easily since it is intended for long term use. And the best part is my Zofran pump can be plugged into it so I dont have to prick my stomach anymore which is a relief because it is covered in welts just from the two weeks I had to do that. Also, I wont have to get stuck for anything so if I need to get any blood drawn or anything like that they can do it through the PICC. I had some anxiety when it was first put in because the thought of a catheter going from my arm to my heart freaked me out and the incision site where the tube sticks out is kinda big but my home nurse covered it up w/ some antibiotic stuff so I cant see it and now that its been a few days the whole thought of it doesnt freak me out or make me nauseous anymore. I have a doctors appt on Wed and I am hoping they will have an idea about when I can go off the IV fluids but as for now the home care company keeps sending supplies so it may be a while...but I am starting to get okay w/ that...less frustrated...and this post is getting kinda long sooo....

I will do my 10 week survey thingy which is kinda late since I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow but whatev...better late than never so here goes...oh and Ive been taking belly pics every week...they are pretty boring since Im just all bloat but maybe I will get around to posting them on here soon...
How far along: 10 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain: This week I was down 17 lbs, but I gained back 2lbs so now I am down 15 lbs again...I have a feeling as I start to gain my weight back this survey question may slowly disappear haha
Maternity clothes: still wearing just my yoga pants and t-shirts but I can wear normal clothes again b/c my zofran pump is now in my PICC line so I dont have anything in my stomach! But after wearing jeans to church yesterday and having them be saggy everywhere but the belly where I thought the buttons were going to fly off I may need to invest in either a bigger sized pant or maternity pant...moms- what do you think? Would it make sense to have a pair of jeans a size bigger for post-partum wear or just go straight to maternity pants?
Sleep: Donnie and I are sleeping in the same bed again :-) I have gotten over my fear of having IV's ripped out so we are back to sleeping in the same bed...and I am back to being annoyed by his snoring
Best moment this week: getting able to spend some time w/ friends
Food cravings: I am starting a list of foods I want to eat as soon as I am eating normally: 1) fuji steak house fried rice, 2) Hooters wings, 3) open faced turkey sandwich....bizarre and healthy, I know, but what can I say
Labor signs: none
Belly Button: innie
What I miss the most: taking a shower w/o being connected to things, going out in public w/o being connected to things, moving around my house w/o being connected to things (I suppose there is a theme to this)
What am I looking forward to the most: since I am trying to take things day by day and week by week, I am looking forward to my Dr's appt on Wed. Hopefully it will be good news!
Milestones: Awh, our baby is a prune! and is now considered a fetus too! (I dont really like that word though, so I will continue using baby haha) Lil Pruney is developing little teeth and other things like the stomach is making digestive juices, the kidneys are producing larger amounts of urine and if the baby is a boy (as Donnie hopes) he is making testosterone.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren!

    Definatly buy maternity pants... I love them because they are so comfortable. I feel like I am wearing yoga pants almost all of the time because of the stretchy waist area. Beware - Alex has told me many times that stretchy pants from the bum over my belly are not necessarily attractive... Who cares about being attractive though.. I think they are growing on him.. atleast more than the Spanx I wore for the wedding celebrations :)

    Thoughts on your prune - I loved having baby be a new fruit every week! I am so excited that you are having a baby too! (Side note: Im totally bummed because I get a new fruit monthly as opposed to weekly now.. booo)

    See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete