Thursday, February 25, 2010

pictures galore

So I wanted to do a quick update and mainly post a bunch of pictures :-) Since I wrote last I have been able to go home 3 times for 4 hours at a time--realistically it ends up being 3 hours because we spend roughly an hour getting me from my hospital room to home and back again but I enjoy it nonetheless! I have been in full out "nesting" mode and it has been killing me that I cant really do much to prepare (and for anyone that knows me I thrive in organization and planning) So its definitely been a struggle and knowing that LB will be here SO SOON (less than a week!!!!!) it has really hit me...as I was leaving our house after my pass yesterday it occured to me...the next time I go home, I wont be pregnant anymore. I would LOVE to be able to say that the next time I go home, I will have a baby but at this point I'm not 100% sure how accurate that would be (but I am pretty darn hopeful!)

Speaking of bringing LB home (sidenote: isnt it going to be so weird once he has a real name? haha I'm thinking LB might stick around longer than we realized) I have picked his "coming home outfits"--Since we dont know what size he will be I have a variety of "sizes" picked. As you can see in the pic below I have x-small, small, medium and large--The middle two outfits only differ in size a tiny bit but the ridiculous thing is--these are all marked as "preemie" size!! You can now see my sizing woes in trying to organize--surely if the far left is a true preemie size the far right cant be too?


And I really didnt feel like the pictures did these outfits justice in how tiny they outfits really are--so for a size comparison this is the "x-small" outfit as compared to my hand--uhm yes! it is that tiny and precious!


Some other fun things that have been going on--Kelly, my amazing sister-in-law came and took some beautiful maternity pictures for me..We had talked about her doing some earlier in my pregnancy but we wanted to wait until my belly got bigger--wellll that didnt happen then I ended up in the hospital. So on the 15th Kelly came to the hospital, we hung black sheet and she took these awesome pics for me! If you remember they originally "thought" (cough..liars..cough) I was going to be induced on the 16th so we figured these would be my last belly pics ever--not so much since here I am 10 days later lol But Kel is an amazing photographer and I will definitely cherish these pics because even though this pregnancy has been "hard" I havent hated being pregnant--I have loved getting a belly, feeling him move, watching things change as he grew--so looking at these makes me feel happy and positive about pregnancy :-)











On my passes home I have attempted to "nest" to the best of my bedresting abilities lol This basically means I spent alot of time sitting in the recliner in the nursery watching Donnie do things, or sitting on our guest bed sorting through baby shower presents (which we have been SO incredibly blessed in recieving everything we could possibly need--We have the best friends and family! thank you all so much!!!) And let me tell you--sorting baby clothes isnt fun...especially when the sizing can be dramatically different depending on the brand. Either way we got the majority of the nursery put together! (thanks in help to Pat who has so lovingly run errands for Donnie and I so we could use my time home to get the most done!) These are some pics of the nursery so far (please ignore any random trash, pieces of wood or missing drawers haha these will eventually be gone before LB comes home...I hope)

This is the changing table/dresser combo, the changing pad will go in front of the cloth wall hanging (which is actually part of the crib bumper)


With the help of a good friend, we turned the crib bumper into matching window valences (we chose not to use the bumpers in the crib because of some safety issues--and I think they are much cuter as valences)






This is my favorite corner of the room haha I cant wait to sit in the recliner w/ LB and read to him--ahh the mushy sentimental pregnancy side of me is coming out--but seriously I have all my stories lined up & ready to go :-)



This is his crib--and yes we will raise it to be at the appropriate level (not that he will be sleeping in here anytime soon)


And this is what you see when you look in the door--we are still waiting on 1 piece of furniture to come in--we ordered a natural wood toy chest to go under one of the windows for storage but other than that its mostly finished!



There are more pics of the nursery posted on my facebook page as well--so now for the fun part...since we roughly "know" when LB will be here I thought it would be fun to make some guesses on specifics, so knowing that they will begin my induction at 9pm on Monday March 1st (this can be a short or very long process) let me know:
1. What date he will be born on?
2. What time?
3. How much will he weigh?
4. How long will he be?
maybe there will be a special prize for whoever is closest?? (wink wink) sidenote: there will probably be no prize :-/ haha I will keep you all updated with how things go and who knows--maybe my next post will be pictures galore of LB!!










2 comments:

  1. Wednesday, March 3rd at 9:00 p.m. 4 lb.6 oz. 17 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby's room is precious! I can't wait to see you and Donnie holding him in that room. What a dream!

    ReplyDelete