Saturday, February 27, 2010

back to the beginning

I started off doing these surveys weekly but stopped when things started to get tough and I ended up in here so I figured I needed to do at least one more for my memory's sake :-)

How far along: 36 weeks 5 days pregnant


Total weight gain: I have officially reached my pre-pregnancy weight! I am actually 1lb over!! In the last 5 weeks I gained 7 lbs!! That is huge for me--but its great because LB has grown too and I can definitely see a change in my belly size


Maternity clothes: Yup, still rockin the maternity shirts--Im glad all the maternity shirts were so casual and comfy--but since my belly has decided (in the last 2 weeks) get bigger I've found that all my shirts are getting too short even w/ my small belly! Good to know for next time if I have a normal sized belly and go 40 weeks these shirts wont make it! Luckily for this time around I only need them to last me another 2 days!


Sleep: The ambien works like a charm... I am turning from side to side because my hips get sore and there isnt much matress padding but I am sleeping moderately well and I have been taking some pain meds to help w/ my back which really help my sleep be more restful which is whats important--it doesnt matter if you can sleep 12 hours if they arent 12 hours of restful sleep--but I'm doing okay now

Best moment this week: It was great to go home on a 4 hour pass to finish up the odds and ends on the nursery--my "nesting" desire has been fulfilled, and I really enjoyed small group this week- We are going over the gospel of John and Ive read it numerous times but its just so fresh and new this time--everyone has such great perspective and ideas, I am learning alot and feel like our small group has a great cohesion


Food cravings: Surprisingly I havent had any real cravings lately--oh wait I take that back--I crave chili cheese burritos from Taco Bell (chilito anyone?) Yes gross I know but they taste so good and reheat so easily mmmm that and turkey lunchmeat sandwiches which are a staple of the pregnancy diet


Labor signs: I have much more frequent braxton hicks contractions that are getting stronger, I can definitely feel my uterus clenching up and slowly relaxing and Ive had some contractions (that are a min- a min and a half) that I dont feel but they show up on the monitor--right now I have what they call an "irritable" uterus--means you have some contractions but not consistently and they arent strong contractions


Belly Button: still an innie and will always be an innie I think--but I feel like it shows through every shirt I wear now


What I miss the most: being able to leave--I miss just mundane regular life, sleeping in bed w/ my husband, cooking in my kitchen, being able to clean my own house, organize the baby's room, etc. What we consider regular/normal life now will never be that again--as of Tues. March 2nd our normal will be radically changed. (or maybe March 3rd...or 4th heaven forbid!!)


What am I looking forward to the most: meeting my child--I cant wait to just look in his eyes and know him and feel attached to him and be able to comfort him and learn him (what he likes/dislikes, his personality, his facial expressions, his cries). I cant wait to snuggle him, feed him, change his little diapered hiney, I just want him to be here! I am so excited to be a family of 3!!!

Milestones: As of this upcoming tues. I will officially be considered full-term-- I didnt think I would make it here but praise God I did! I have all of LB's stuff packed in his diaper bag, carseat is being installed in the car tomorrow, I have my labor and delivery stuff prepared--we are GOOD TO GO!

It hasnt hit me yet about what is about to happen to our family--but I will write more about that probably tomorrow and monday. The plan for the time being is that Judy and Pam will be recieving any and all updates and they will be passing the info on to other siblings, family members, friends, etc. We dont really think we need visitors because it is going to be a long process so Donnie and I have decided that we will just keep you updated about what the medical plan is (i.e.- they put the cervadil in, now theyre starting pitocin, now shes having contractions and active labor has begun, etc. ) well my ambien is kicking in hard core so before I sound like a babbling idiot I will stop blogging for tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment