Friday, December 4, 2009

2nd ultrasound results

So we had our 2nd...well technically 3rd ultrasound yesterday. The dr's were checking on his size since at our 20 week ultrasound he was small, well this ultrasound (I was 24 weeks 2 days) he was still measuring small in some areas.

His head was the closest to being on track measuring at 23 weeks 4 days, his arms and legs were measuring between 22 weeks 3 days and 22 weeks 6 days but the most concerning was his belly/abdominal measurements which were only measuring at 20 weeks 5 days which is obviously a decent amount behind where I am at gestationally. Thankfully he had gained weight up from 10 oz. at 20 weeks 2 days up to 1 lb. at 24 weeks 2 days (they didnt mention anything about if this was a good or bad amount to have gained within a 4 week time span--but he is gaining nevertheless)

They dont think my due date is off-- and I KNOW there is no way it is off--so the dr. at the Seton center in Good Samaritan Hospital said he is going to recommend to our midwives that we come back again in 3 weeks for another ultrasound to yet again check his growth. The doctor also had the ultrasound tech check my umbilical cord flow to see if there were any problems w/ that and it seemed to be normal which was good. The organs that they could see from the ultrasound all looked normal and healthy which is a blessing as well.

I suppose my only concern now is that being how small is abdominal measurements are that makes me assume his organs in that area are just as proportionally small if that makes any sense...which then makes me think are his organs like his kidneys and stuff able to process things efficiently even though they are smaller than the rest of his body? I may be completely off base with these assumptions but the ultrasound tech wouldnt tell us much so these will be things we will discuss w/ our midwives at my next appointment which is Dec. 14th.

Right now I am just working on trusting in God's sovereignty--this is a perfect situation for me to really trust in Him and His perfect plan for me and little buddy and to trust that regardless of the outcome it will be okay and Donnie and I can manage whatever comes our way through our faith in God. So far I have been pretty proud of myself in this situation because the old Lauren would have been an anxious mess, having panic attacks, etc. which would onl y put more stress on the baby but God has been so good to me and has taught me so much that through prayer and just turning to Him I have really been able to keep my wits about me.

Currently I am working on putting together some memory verses for labor and delivery to have as a way to help me calm down and focus on something constant and true--I really think having God's word in mind will help distract me from what will be going on--it has seemed to work in the past. So far these are the verses that have really stuck out to me:

Psalm 40:1-2, Matthew 6:33-34, Isaiah 40:31, Romans 8:28, Matthew 10:29-31, Psalm 18:2,
2 Corinthians 12:8, Isaiah 40:28-31, Jeremiah 29:11, Philipians 4:6

If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. The Seaton Center docs are amazing. I cant say enough good stuff about them. Make sure your midwives keep up with the ultrasounds. I just had a friend whose baby was 3 weeks growth restricted. He was born a few weeks early and he is perfect. He weighed almost 4 pounds and they just let him come home yesterday. You are blessed and you, Donnie and your little one are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete