Tuesday, December 22, 2009

26 weeks and quick ultrasound update

So I dont have a ton of new info but I figured I would update and let some family know ( who I know are wondering) how the ultrasound went yesterday. My good friend Kerry went with me because Donnie was only able to take some time off once this week (his company always gets super busy right before the holidays because of people having guests and wanting everything to work lol) so we decided it would be best for him to take time off to come to my appt on Wed. where we will be discussing my ultrasound results in detail and what that will mean for the rest of my pregnancy

So my good friend Kerry came with me, the ultrasound went well. Little buddy finally gave us a few cute profile shots and he wasnt as active as normal so we were able to see more detail (I think he is sleepy in the morning just like his mommy haha) All the main organs and everything looked fine (same as before) and when looking at his growth he HAS grown since my last ultrasound two weeks ago but he is still behind meaning his belly measurements are still almost a full month behind where they should be, his arms/legs are still about 2 weeks behind and his head is only a few days behind (same as before) but he has grown! Obviously the largest concern before this ultrasound was that I would go and he would measure the same as two weeks ago but he is still growing at a consistent rate but hes just behind where he should be (specifically in his abdominal measurements which are in less than the third percentile which clearly isnt good)

The u/s tech was really nice, it ended up that her daughter used to work w/ Kerry as a nurse at Children's AND even weirder I had heard about her daughter from Kerry because her daughter was pregnant the same time Kerry was but had really bad hyperemesis! And her daughter lives in Campbell County too--such a small world. So we talked w/ the tech for a few minutes, she totally understood my experience w/ hyperemesis since her daughter too had the zofran pump, IV fluids, etc.

Since we kinda knew the tech she was more chatty about the results of my u/s which was nice. She said he is still in the same percentile of growth despite him growing from the past two weeks. So essentially there is still an upward curve of growth at a consistent rate but I am still going to be in the at risk category. The dr's at the seton center want me to come back in another two weeks for another u/s and the tech was guessing that I will probably come back every two weeks for the duration of my pregnancy (which is fine w/ me--I will have a whole baby album of ultrasound pics haha!) But she couldnt tell me indefinitely because I will obviously have to talk w/ my midwives to see how they want to approach treating me

Our appointment is on Wed. so I am guessing that is when I will get the official IUGR diagnosis (or not?) and I will find out what they recommend for my care (at my last appointment they hinted that bedrest for the rest of my pregnancy would be the next step....) I will have more details after that! Thanks for all the prayers, I know that they are helping!! Now onto my weekly survey--my last survey for the 2nd trimester! As of today I am officially in my 3rd trimester! Weird!

How far along? 26 weeks

Weight gain? I have been stuffing my face since my last appt 2 weeks ago in hopes of gaining weight for me and the baby. The midwives were hoping to see a little more weight gain from me so we will see on Wed. I feel like I am eating all day long and so much food! In reality its probably a normal amount but I swear that Ive gained like 10lbs in 2 weeks haha

Maternity clothes? Still wearing them. Donnie and I went this weekend to try and find me a comfy pair of boots so I would have something with some traction to wear in the snow (currently I am only wearing clogs which dont bode well in snow) So we went to Boot Country--lets talk about how my feet and ankles were so swollen that I didnt fit into a SINGLE pair of womens boots...not 1...and sadly, not even some mens boots! I guess I didnt realize I was swelling because my clogs are so loose

Sleep? I have been sleeping much better actually, Ive figured out what pillows to use, how to manuever so I dont get all tangled up...I'm still working on curing Donnie's snoring though...

Best moment this week? Glenn family christmas was very fun! I love watching little kiddos open presents and be so excited they cant handle it! Plus it is bittersweet to think that this is our last Christmas for the rest of our lives that is going to be just me and Donnie :-) It was fun thinking of all the fun christmas stuff we will get to do w/ little buddy next year (yes I know he will be less than a year old but it will be exciting nonetheless) Donnie's mom got me an antique classic pooh book (we are doing a classic pooh theme in our nursery for those that didnt know)--it is SO precious and definitely one of my favorite gifts

Food cravings? pizza as always...not too much else

Labor signs? none

Belly Button? innie

What I miss most? I had a pretty content week this week...I still miss smoking as always but whats new with that?!

What I'm looking forward to most? My appt on Wed. to get the final verdict and my 1st baby shower in Sunday! I cant wait to see some of my high school friends and college friends!

Milestones? I cant think of any huge milestones this week, still working on getting Donnie to be able to feel little buddy from the outside but he only kicks hard enough to feel from the outside every now and then so its hard to get Donnie in time to feel it. During my ultrasound the tech was using the wand much higher than I thought the baby was but I guess the baby is big enough now that he isnt just hanging out below my bellybutton. I mean I knew that he was up higher but it became more real when she was like right around my ribs...strange. Little buddy was quite the acrobat during my appointment. though stretching his legs out completely and up toward his face. Kerry joked that he was going to be gymnast and I said a gymnast just like his daddy...but my story about Donnie taking gymnastics is for another post all together haha...

2 comments:

  1. My friend had the same thing. She transfered to the Seaton Center and after her baby stopped growing they put her in the hospital to "make" her do bed rest and the baby really started to grow after that. They also checked her twice a day and they delivered 3 weeks early via c-section so they didnt stress the baby out during delivery. They told her he was better out than in at that point. But he is wonderful now and all is well! He weighed 4 pounds when they brought him home and he is precious. I know God is working miracles in your life and I cant wait to see pics of little buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you like to see a video of Donnie doing gymnastics? Anytime you'd like to come out I'll line you up with a video of choice!

    "Taking it easy" is going to be the mantra of the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete