Tuesday, December 8, 2009

24 weeks

Well now that I am 25 weeks I thought it fitting to do my survey about 24 weeks haha

Just a sidenote: I know my blog is boring...like really boring, but honestly there isnt much going on being as I'm not working or in school. I spend my time doing...well not much...I volunteer--that should count for some fun stories...not! I definitely feel at a stand still sometimes because while I have all the free time to be doing things like reading stimulating books and taking up new hobbies I lack the desire to do so by myself. As much as I am a homebody, I hate doing things alone...I want to try and start up a Women's Bible Study of sorts once the new year hits but lets be real--that probably isnt going to happen. As for hobbies, most hobbies for women entail some sort of craftiness--knitting, sewing, scrapbooking, etc. I AM NOT CRAFTY I know that if I tried to do one of those hobbies the whole time I would be thinking " I need to hurry up and finish this scrapbook just so I can be done" (hence over a year later I still havent turned in the layout for our wedding album) or "Thank goodness I am almost done with knitting this scarf!"

I enjoy reading but I really do miss the dialogue that comes with being a student, reading a book or article, even if its boring, and having group discussion about it. Maybe I need a book club? Who knows but I do know one thing--if I dont start doing something intellectual soon that requires even an ounce of brain power--my brain is going to turn to complete mush. Currently its starting the mushing process. Okay enough about my brain mush, on to the boring survey which I am hoping I will enjoy looking back on some day...hopefully

How far along? 24 weeks (completed)

Weight gain? I weighed myself earlier this week and had lost a few lbs but I weighed myself in the morning and I was scantily clad so I honestly could be the same as I was when I weighed myself at the dr's office in the afternoon fully clothed

Maternity clothes? I found my dark denim dressy maternity jeans! yay! I was all pumped to wear them w/ my high heeled boots to a christmas party this past Sat. and I got my boots on (which putting on shoes and socks is becoming more difficult already) and after waiting on Donnie to finish getting ready (the whole 5 minutes that took) my feet were swollen and uncomfortable and I switched back to flats before we left haha

Sleep? I am sleeping a little better since we have invested in a humidifier for our bedroom, breathe-right strips for Donnie and Donnie insulated the attic so our bedroom isnt an icebox. But the size of our bed is getting on my nerves- I have always been a fan of king sized beds but when we were shopping for our new bedroom set a year or so ago Donnie was adament that a queen was fine...well now that I have 75835948 pillows in bed w/ me there isnt any room! Donnie offered to sleep in the guest room, or even to pull the twin size bed into our bedroom so at least we were sleeping in the same room but I dont want to do that--im being stubborn and am going to try to just tough it out w/ him in bed w/ me and our multitude of pillows

Best moment this week? getting my hair cut and colored-- I have been feeling less than desirable and pretty w/ my skin being HORRIBLE and my hair not acting right and I'm trying to grow it back out so I have that struggle of the "awkward phase" every woman knows what I'm talking about... so the amazing Amy Sandfoss came and gave me great new cut and color and some new product and I feel 100% better--Amy, I dont know if you read this, but youre the best!

Food cravings? None really, still struggling on eating in general--honestly I am hoping this lack of appetite continues on past pregnancy so I can get rid of baby weight and then some! But pizza always sounds good--and hamburgers a little bit lately too

Labor signs? Braxton hicks and nothing else, thank God!

Belly button? Innie--as always

What I miss most? pathetic but smoking--It hasnt been very hard for me to quit honestly considering I smoked for oh...8 and a half years...but I just miss it...like its an old friend thats gone away...esp since they had just come out w/ a cigarette that was my perfect style...the Camel crush *sigh* those days are over I just need to stop watching stupid Clint Eastwood movies w/ Donnie that just make me want cigarettes like I'm some kind of fiend

What I'm looking forward to most? Just having little buddy here! After spending more time w/ a newborn who is so precious its disgusting I am having major baby fever and cant wait for little buddy to be here so I can just snuggy his little face!

Milestones? No real milestones this week, still hoping that Donnie will be able to feel his kicks soon. But during my ultrasound he kicked me SO HARD that I swear if I had been looking at my belly and not the screen I would have seen it move. The ultrasound tech saw it as it was happening and we were both like "oh!" It was cute and very surprising...also for anyone that knows how I dance haha the baby moves the same way! His little torso stays still and he doesnt change positions his arms and legs just move around all wiggly like Donnie got a kick out of picturing the baby dancing similar to how I do when its just the two of us at home

No comments:

Post a Comment