Monday, September 7, 2009

11 weeks

I am greatly lagging in writing my weekly updates about the pregnancy. I always seem to forget until I am already past the week I am supposed to be writing about or I am about to be done with that week. But anywho, this past week pregnancy wise has been okay. My nausea is dying down during the day but I am still getting sick and feeling like crap in the evening but I am getting pretty good at being able to figure out a schedule to try and help from getting sick. I still have my PICC line in and last time I went to see my midwives (last wed.) they said I would probably be on fluids until 14 weeks, Im not sure if this is just an estimation or if thats when they plan on weaning me off regardless...Im thinking thats more of a hopeful thought on their end b/c the time I went to see them before last they said 12 weeks and clearly that isnt happening

But my ketones have been negative which means Im not dehydrated anymore (obviously since I am on continuous IV fluids) and my weight is constant...I havent gained or lost anymore which is better than losing though I know the doctors would like to see some gain. The PICC is going well...no bad things happening there and I have started taking gummy vitamins!! Yay! While they arent the same as pre-natal vits. its better than nothing and I can keep them down! The midwives gave me the results of all my bloodwork from my first visit and I was happy to know that the baby isnt at risk for cystic fibrosis and that I am RH positive so no extra shot (hey when you get poked often, any poking you can skip is exciting) and I dont have any diseases haha but they said I am pretty anemic and they called in a prescription iron supplement that I am not going to even attempt to take until I am completely better, in the meantime Devon said she had a few ideas as to how I could get the iron I need in a way I could keep down. So we shall see when she comes on Tues! I am really excited!!
I have been getting out more, its weird to look at how much my life has already changed and the baby isnt even here yet, for example: this past Friday night, Meg and I went to Walmart and it was kind of a big deal...6 months ago our Friday nights consisted of going out for a few drinks w/ friends or having people over for a fire in the backyard and beers...now I am pumped to go to Walmart...but I dont really care that Im not going out which was slightly surprising because I really enjoyed my old lifestyle too I guess that is just another change that comes with pregnancy... the maternal instinct to make better choices for my baby
How far along: 11 weeks, 6 days

Total weight gain: I am still down 15 lbs but I havent lost anymore which is good

Maternity clothes: My clothes all fit weird...my shirts are too short because the ladies have gotten bigger and my pants are baggy and loose from losing weight except in the stomach they are tight...I bought a maternity jean skirt at walmart that was on sale for $5 and I think I may make a trip to gap outlet w/ Devon this week
Sleep: I am sleeping okay...I have to get up about 3 times a night to pee which is really really annoying but I'll take it

Best moment this week: hearing lil babes heartbeat! We got to hear it at the dr's office...we still cant find it at home with the doppler Devon lent me but it is still pretty early

Food cravings: I am starting a list of foods I want to eat as soon as I am eating normally: 1) fuji steak house fried rice, 2) Hooters wings, 3) open faced turkey sandwich....bizarre and healthy, I know, but what can I say---adding to my list 4) Penn Station
Labor signs: none

Belly Button: innie

What I miss the most: taking a shower w/o being connected to things, going out in public w/o being connected to things, moving around my house w/o being connected to things (I suppose there is a theme to this) ** same as last week**

What am I looking forward to the most: getting my ultrasound on Wed at New Hope Center!! I cant wait to see our little lime :-)
Milestones: Our baby can open and close her fists (I still think its a girl) and is developing little buds that are going to be teeth one day. Also, lil babe doesnt have webbed fingers and toes because they are starting to separate now! And the babe is kicking and squirming about in all the space she has even though I cant feel it yet! Our little babe is about the size of a lime this week! Getting bigger...!

No comments:

Post a Comment