Thursday, October 22, 2009

late...again

So I am once again late in posting but as Ive said before the little surveys each week are more for my records...not too many exciting things have happened in the past week...at least nothing worth blogging about really

How far along: This is about my 17th week of pregnancy

Total weight gain: I actually know this now...I have gained 4lbs in the past month! I am now at -13lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight... I dunno how much longer I will be updating this part haha I am predicting that I will gain alot in the next month since I feel like I am eating like a horse (which Donnie says I'm not really especially considering I am pregnant)

Maternity clothes: I am wearing almost all maternity b/c it just looks better than non-maternity and shirts and what not arent as short since they are maternity I am hoping that I will be able to still wear some of my non-maternity sweaters for the winter

Sleep: I am starting to sleep better again which is great!

Best moment this week: scheduling our 20 week ultrasound!

Food Cravings:Everything sounds really good, like I cant watch tv commercials without wanting whatever the ad is for, but when I eat it...I never can eat more than 2 bites of whatever the food craving was and generally it doesnt taste that great...its such a disappointment!

Labor signs: none

Belly Button: innie--I hate that you can tell where my bellybutton is though in the shirts that I wear since my bump is getting a little bigger...it definitely makes me feel like a fat girl in a shirt that doesnt fit but when I wear an empire waist shirt I feel like a circus tent

What I miss the most: going out for drinks w/ friends and smoking a cigarette...curse you cigarettes and your seductive charm!---> this hasnt changed

What am I looking forward to the most: our ultrasound!! It will be so nice to know that everything is healthy with the baby and getting to find out the gender will be really fun! I think it will make this pregnancy seem that much more real to know that I will be having either a son or a daughter.

Milestones: I think I felt the baby move this week but it hasnt been consistent enough to tell whether it is baby or just random stomach movement. The two times I have felt it have been in the evening when I am reading in bed or watching tv and it kinda feels like a pulled muscle/mini-muscle spasm. If it isnt the baby I am sure you all enjoyed me describing my stomach movement :-) During the 17th week my baby is about the size of an onion--I like to think the babes the size of a vidalia onion since they are my favorite haha During the 17th week Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.


1 comment:

  1. yeah! I am so glad you are sleeping better, and now is about when you will feel the little mite move around. I too was hesitant to admit to myself that I felt Annie moving because I didn't want to get all warm and fuzzy towards the tacos I had for dinner :o)

    ReplyDelete