Tuesday, October 13, 2009

15 and 16 weeks

So I have clearly been slacking in my blogging but since I am feeling better I dont have too much to write about. I have been finding more things to do which is helping the time pass by a little faster. I have been volunteering at church on Friday's and I am going to start volunteering again at the New Hope Center on Wednesdays. I have been planning little trips for myself to help the time pass faster as well.


The first little trip I did was up to Columbus then on to Cleveland. I went to Columbus for my friend Shannon's baby shower on Oct 4th which was fun and there was a really precious 2 week old little baby there...I swear if I wasnt already pregnant I would have had some serious baby fever...can you still have baby fever when youre pregnant? I seriously cant wait to meet the babe. So after her shower I kept driving north up to Cleveland to visit my Gramma Rosie for a few days. It was really nice to just have a little change of scenery and someone to hang out with. Ive also come to realize that while I am feeling better, I still have little to no energy, it worked out quite well though for me and gram because despite being a "healthy" 23 year old I have the same energy level as her :-) We did some fun stuff, went shopping (which is generally a staple in my Cleveland visits) and saw a movie by ourselves...literally nobody else in the theater which I suppose is normal for noon on a Wednesday. I made my 1st trip to Motherhood Maternity in an attempt to find jeans that would be long enough and not saggy in my butt (since when is saggy jeans a problem for me!??! ITS CRAZINESS I TELL YOU!) I was somewhat dreading going there since Ive always heard such negative stuff about the store but this specific location had a really helpful sales associate (my gram says its because people in Cleveland arent snarky lol)


So I made the mistake of trying on their pregnancy belly to ensure that the shirts I was getting would be long enough to wear throughout my pregnancy (for as much as I was spending...they better fit the entire time!) Uhm...scariest moment of my life...lol apparently "the belly" adds 4 month or so to where you are currently at...which put me pretty close to what I would be at the end of my pregnancy...uhh not cool... I have been feeling just fat lately (not preggo yet, just fat) but after taking that belly off I felt like frickin Kate Moss...no longer will I complain about feeling fat now because I know in a few short months I am going to be feeling like Mt.Everest and wishing I had my cute lil belly back haha

Needless to say, Cleveland was fun! I stopped at the Jefferson Outlets on my way back and remembered how fun it is to do stuff by myself...shopping, going to movies, etc. I should do it more often while I am still in a place where I actually HAVE alone time...so if you see me all by myself at Danberry Dollar you will know that I am enjoying my last times of solitude..


My next little trip will probably be to Indianapolis to visit my bestie Dani...considering she is only in class 2 days a week I should probably go be a bum on HER couch and at least have company while I am watching reruns of Greys Anatomy on Lifetime :-) If anyone else has any fun ideas of little trips to take I am totally up for suggestions...I would love to actually take a little trip w/ Donnie but it would have to be somewhere we could go for just a weekend with preferably a 3 hour or less drive (Donnie is not a fan of driving 4+ hours for just a weekend)


So since I slacked so much I will post 2 surveys in this post...one for week 15 and one for week 16 since I missed those weeks and I suppose I will enjoy looking back at my 1st pregnancy week by week...orrrr not :-)


How far along: This will be about my 15th week of pregnancy

Total weight gain: I think I have maybe gained a lb or two but I havent weighed myself in a while

Maternity clothes: wearing maternity stuff mostly since my old stuff just looks ridiculous and is uncomfortable

Sleep: I am still having a horrible time sleeping...I toss and turn all night and basically wake up feeling as though I didnt sleep at all

Best moment this week: listening to the heartbeat at home with Donnie...I usually cant find it when he is around usually because I find it easier in the morning but we were able to find it together for once

Food Cravings:I apparently got over my red meat freak out...at least I can eat some ground beef now and not want to vomit and Ive been craving whoppers which is strange since I really dont like Burger King...Donnie is enjoying my late night cravings though...

Labor signs: none

Belly Button: innie

What I miss the most: going out for drinks w/ friends and smoking a cigarette...curse you cigarettes and your seductive charm!

What am I looking forward to the most: I ordered our nursery bedding and I cant wait to get it in the mail!

Milestones: Continuing the march towards normal proportions, our baby's legs now outmeasure the arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Our babe is squirming and wriggling like crazy down in the womb, though I still cant feel the movements. Our baby at 15 weeks is the size of a naval orange at about 4 inches and 2.5 oz. Now keep in mind with the fruit and veggie comparisons that it is comparing it to the length of that fruit or veggie not the thickness.


How far along: this will be about my 16th week of pregnancy



Total weight gain: still havent weighed myself but I will find out soon enough at my next appointment on the 19th



Maternity clothes: I have finally found a pair of maternity jeans that fit well, dont get saggy and are actually long enough!!



Sleep: I have gotten about 1 or 2 nights where I wake up feeling like I didnt toss and turn all night, maybe I am turning over a new leaf :-)



Best moment this week: I thought I may have felt the first movements but I dunno...it was a weird feeling and it kept happening everytime I tried to use the doppler...kinda bubbly, swishy... it was weird sooo it was maybe baby, maybe indigestion haha



Food cravings: I dont think I had any specific cravings...deli sandwiches like always and soup



Labor signs: none



Belly Button: innie



What I miss the most: still cigarettes and a beer...sigh...(sidenote: I realized how much of a redneck I sound like listing those as the things I miss most...)



What am I looking forward to the most: our 20 week ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby!!



Milestones: My adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.





No comments:

Post a Comment